Friday, June 11, 2004

Job time

I've been half-heartedly looking for a job for the summer. Given that it's halfway through June and I don't have one, I have little hope of making any additional money this summer, which is bad news for me. Like, repo-my-shit bad news for me.

Actually, I have a couple jobs from friends that I can work on to probably make my bills for the summer, but it's still depressing. 4 years of college, 4 years experience, 1 year of law school, and no job for the summer. I even went so far as to go to Barnes and Noble yesterday to see if they were hiring. I didn't even have to resort to that in high school or college, and now I have to.

My desires are too varied. I like too many things. I could go to culinary art school and probably like that. I could just go study music and probably like that. The problem is that I never like just the one thing. I like everything. I've had that problem in my computer-related career. I'm not content with knowing what I do, I want to know everything else, too. So instead of getting really good at any one thing, I'm just ok at a bunch of things. Damn my interest in too many things.

No comments: