Tuesday, January 18, 2005

breaking the resolutions

So. About 3 weeks ago, I had intended to post and write down all of my New Year's Resolutions. This is why I never make resolutions. They are always broken by January 15, and this year has been no exception. So, with that in mind, I will post my list of resolutions:

  1. Post more frequently. Obviously this one isn't going so well.

  2. Find a summer job that doesn't involve my current employers. This one is "ongoing". It's not that I don't like the lawyers that I currently work for, I just worry that either they or I will not be able to stand me working there for another 8 months.

  3. Lose some weight. Or get into shape. I guess the latter is more important than the former, no matter what my weight.

  4. Unclutter my life. The things you own end up owning you. Get rid of some of this shit. (Anyone want to give me $50 for a 21" Nokia computer monitor?)

  5. Buy a CD from a band I've barely heard of, once a month. I got this month covered with a Sarah Harmer CD.

  6. Be a better student. My grades from last semester have motivated me on this account.

  7. Do more programming. Something a little bit more regular, learn some new stuff.

  8. Be a better person. I'm a pain in the ass, a ball-buster, it's time to cut back on that. I'm at least somewhat realistic on this, it's not like I said I would completely stop.


That's it. That's the list. Only 8 resolutions. Hopefully with choosing this many, at least one of them will stick.

We'll all know shortly whether #1 does. :)

No comments: