Thursday, January 20, 2005

Malcontent I am

I'm never happy with where I am. How to be happy with where you are?

I'm working for someone right now, writing a book. I mean, I'm writing parts, he's writing parts, he's getting other people who work for him to write parts of it. Talk about a shit job. "Here's what I want written." Ugh, take my advice, don't take a job like that. I'm ready to quit after only a month.

But it's not just that I'm unhappy at this job. I've been unhappy with most of the jobs I've had. I wonder whether it's just the people or situations I've been in. I really liked the people at Tivoli, except for my bitch manager Roslyn. After a while, I needed to do something new, and I guess that was what made me malcontent with Tivoli.

LT, there it's the policies that have no appreciation of the fact that travel can be hard on you. Doing things to make your week away from home harder than it should be. Been malcontent with that job for a long time.

Even going back to when I worked at Lucent/IBM, I don't think I was malcontent there, but I did feel as though I wasn't really being utilized. The position didn't really let me be utilized enough, and that's ok, I guess. I liked the people there, I had a good time working there. Does dissatisfied equal malcontent?

Is it me? Is it the situations I put myself into? How do I break the cycle?

No comments: