Thursday, July 08, 2004

Alright already

I've had several people tell me that I need to update my blog, so here it is. I'll try to do it again sometime in the near future, too.

The problem with posting right now is that I'm unemployed. I'm unemployed, school doesn't start again for another month and a half, and all of my friends are away for the summer.

So having none of that to write about, I decided I would try to come up with a list of questions that must be pressing in the minds of the home audience. These questions are not limited in scope to just myself; I think they're questions that any unemployed loafer could answer about himself.

Q: What time did you wake up today?A: I woke up at about 9:30 this morning, when my landlady called. I'm not sure exactly what time it was, because I answered the phone on the fax machine, and the fax machine's clock is wrong.
Q: Are you going to shower today?A: Probably. It's 8:35pm right now, and I haven't showered yet, but I tend to like to take showers before going to bed in the summer, I don't like feeling sticky while I sleep.
Q: Did you wear the same clothes as yesterday?A: Sort of. The boxers and shorts are the same as yesterday, but I did put on a fresh shirt today. The socks I also wore yesterday, though just for 30 minutes while we took the dogs for a walk.
Q: Did you look for a job today?A: Of course not. I'm working in DC in two weeks, so my availability is somewhat limited right now. Then I'm back for a week, and then gone to the northwest for two and a half weeks.
Q: What did you do today instead?A: Well, I watched an episode of Cheers, two of Good Eats, maybe an Iron Chef (can't remember, maybe that was yesterday...hmm...."Mother died today. Or maybe it was yesterday, I don't remember."...Maybe Meursault was just unemployed and had the days running together), PTI, and Jeopardy, and will probably watch an episode or two of Dead Zone or maybe watch the Deliverance DVD that Netflix sent me. I went to Walmart, Barnes & Noble, and Giant Eagle, and for a walk with the dogs. I also played a crapload of DoomII, going through levels 22 through 30.
Q: You really did nothing exciting today?A: My landlady delivered a new refrigerator to us this afternoon, that was really the high point of my day, sad to say. We've had a real piece of junk all year, it doesn't freeze anything, it doesn't keep anything frozen, it doesn't keep anything cold (pork chops spoiled in 3 days). But now we've got a new one, so that has to be a step up. A new dishwasher is around the corner, too. Sunny days are here again, don't you think?


I'll be sure to try and keep you updated on these and other involvements in "The JDL Story" as the summer continues...

No comments: