Sunday, July 18, 2004

Sundays in the hotel

Trying not to spend too much money over the weekend, I have thus far stayed in the hotel all day. I grabbed a couple of extra yogurts at the breakfast buffet to have for lunch, and I'm stocked on netflix DVDs to watch, so I've been doing that pretty much all day. Watching 5 or 6 hours of TV DVDs can be exhausting, let me tell you.

Earlier in the day, I had the "No Service" thing in the keyslot so that they wouldn't bother to clean my room. I haven't tracked stuff all over the carpet, and making the bed just seems silly, so I wasn't too worried about it. I got a fresh towel from one of the cleaning people this morning, that's all I really needed. But at some point, when I went outside my room, I must have forgotten to put the "No Service" sign back in.

The housekeeping people knocked earlier, I didn't answer, but when they knocked a second time, I did answer, because I had forgotten to get a bathmat earlier, so I wanted a bathmat. I let her in, and she started doing her thing, I tried to express to her that if she just did the bathroom that would be fine, but apparently I didn't do a very good job of expressing it, because she is currently vacuuming my room (She speaks Spanish, I don't).

To me, there's nothing more awkward than sitting here on my ass while she works around me. I know the company is paying for this service and all, but now I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't have opened the door. Then again, I could be obsessing over this only because I've watched 6 straight episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm in some sort of Larry David-esque fit.

No comments: